When I was a kid there was nothing I loved more than listening to KX96 on January 1st to hear the top songs of the year. Sometimes I wrote them down. Sometimes I taped them on my ghetto blaster.
Now that I am an adult, I still love these lists. I can hardly wait for the last Rolling Stone magazine of the year, so I get the lowdown of all the cool stuff I missed while wasting time on twitter.
Speaking of wasting time.
Here are the most popular posts of 2015 on Mommy’s Weird
Let’s go backwards. Can you handle the suspense?
10. One Pot Pad Thai. I still cannot believe this turned out as well as it did. It shocks me to this day. Trust me. If I can make this, you can make this. You will be thanking me for years to come. Look at it. No really, look at it. Mmmmmmm.
9. My Favourite Work Outs. I am not stupid. The only reason anyone looked at this post is because they cannot believe I showed my chubby 200 pound plus body off in a tankini.
8. I’m Going To LA. Who doesn’t want to watch me tease you about a million times with my exciting news. Plus, I snort and make really weird noises. Who can resist that? But click on the link too, because you can watch the other 3 videos which are equally vague.
7. My FABLife. Yes, I was on a t.v show with Tyra Banks. Yes, I pushed Jillian Michaels.
6. The Girls Club. I am immensely proud of this post. Raising a little girl who is a bit too much like me hasn’t been easy. I want her to not try to fit in. I want her to be happy in her skin. I was commissioned to write this one and attached to it was a give away, so my views may not be because of the post but because people had really hairy legs and wanted to win free schick intuition. Meh.
5. My New Sports Bra. When Jillian Michaels broke my bra back in March of 2014, I could have never expected the wild turn of events that happened for me. It was amazing to have been contacted by Enell and their Canadian distributor Sportsbras.ca and spoiled with their products. Again, I am sure that the only reason people showed up to see this post is because they really wanted to see if I would show a photo of myself in a sports bra. And I did, And I will again. Here goes…
4. Naked Birthday Party Ugh. This post is on the list every year for all the wrong reasons. It was #3 on the list last year and it was written in 2011. I think its a good story, that is why I have never taken it off the blog. Also, since it get searched so much, I decided to manipulate the situation and try to get these men to check out the blog a bit longer. You have to go click on it to see what I did. p.s Did you see what I did there? I am a genius. I just made .02 cents off each of you.
3. Are You A Phonie Or A Parkie I make a big statement in this post. I state that being on my cell phone is actually better for my kids and how THEY play at the park. I used to helicopter, now I ignore. I still have a few friends who tell me this is one of their most favourite posts of all time. I like that people dig it, but the majority of the credit needs to go to Yummy Mummy Club. They shared it on their Facebook page and it was commented and shared on a ton.
2. Tyra Banks Touched My Breasts. There is video of this somewhere. I don’t have it, but trust me it happened. If you want to see the video of me hitting Jillian Michaels and then her wearing my bra go here.
And the moment you have all been waiting for, and even today as I type this there are still people reading and sharing this post.
- Christmas Sucks For Moms. Something about this post just resonated with people. I think its because of the line about the nanimo bars…? It has been seen 3 x more than the Tyra Banks and Jillian Michael posts and trust me the views for that bra breaking, breast grabbing, celebrity trainer push was HUGE. Also it was pretty timely, while all of the Mom’s in the world were stressed to the gills making memories for their kids, I vented, they related. It truly was an honour to see it shared so many times.
I gotta say I loved 2015, it was probably the most fun I have had in the last few years in my personal life, my career life and my blogging life.
p.s If you are interested these are the most popular posts of 2014
p.s.s Happy New Year!