I struggle with summer. I may even go as far as saying I hate summer break. I find it hard because one of my children needs to be entertained constantly, it is exhausting as using an elliptical trainer for 7 minutes. I am desperate during the summer for anything that will entertain my kids for 15 minutes. So when the idea of reviewing a Mystery Adventure Club Box came about, I knew it was something I had to at least try.
Here are the things I loved about the Mystery Adventure Club Experience
- It is Canadian. No exchange rate. No weird duty charges. No long wait for shipping.
- It is for kids ages 6-12 years old
- Our kids used their imagination and sense of adventure and totally worked as a team!
- CrateJoy named them as one of the Best New Subscription Boxes
- Our kids were entertained for 2 hours.
- It was super creative. It makes a great gift for a kid that has everything!
- You can order once, or subscribe for 4, 6 or 12 months and get a Mystery Adventure Club box every 2 months!
- It was fun!
- Get $15 off your next order by using the Coupon Code MOMMYSWEIRD at the check out.
We did get tripped up on some of the clues, one of them was not explained well enough for us, but we figured it out after reading it a few times, so I guess it was a mystery (haha, get it?!).
The only other problem we had while doing our Mystery Adventure Club is that we did have help our kids. I know that all kids are different and your child may not need help, but ours did. We ended up having to “lead” the adventure, but we had lots of fun doing it and it took us almost 2 hours from start to finish and the time flew by. Which was fun, but I was hoping it was something they could do on their own.
What was really cool about this mystery was you go online after you are finished to solve the mystery by submitting your answer and then the story continues online.
Personally, I think this makes an awesome gift for grandchildren and/or nieces and nephews. I’m always looking for creative ideas to send across the country that I don’t have to ship myself. I suck at that. This makes it easy. USE CODE MOMMYSWEIRD FOR $15 OFF YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
Mommy’s Weird was financially compensated for this post. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.